Monday, February 21, 2011

Fate foretold by my Galactic Horoscope, Randomly Fortuitous, or an Act of God?

This morning I was late to work.

To be more specific I was late to work because I left later than usual, because I woke up later than planned, because my alarm didn’t go off, because my mobile phone was powered down, because the battery had died, because stuff like that can sometimes happens, right. But why?

Lately my phone battery life has been getting shorter and shorter. But last night when I went to sleep it had at least 25-30% battery life remaining (just switched over to battery code level ‘orange’) – which is actually a pretty typical night-time scenario. It has often proven to be able to stay powered all night when left alone at 20-30% battery life. So why then did it fail me last night/this morning?  

This is where the mind starts getting all big picture and “what’s it all mean” on your arse.  

Is that just a lucky/unlucky random event?
Was I Supposed to be late for work?
Or more specifically was I supposed to be driving to work later than usual?
Is this the handiwork of God and if so is he protecting me from something?
Would I have gotten into an automobile accident had I left at the ‘usual’ time?
And why is my head hurting now? J

Do any of you ever think in such a way when something unscheduled or slightly out of the ordinary happens?
Do you put it down to random chance, or are you more likely to thank God for interfering with your life, even though the positive outcome is not often blatantly apparent?  

I'm curious to know

P.S. while your thinking about it - check out the top video in the YouTube videobar to the right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment